· Master of Arts, May 2006
Psychology (Human Factors / Applied Cognition) , George Mason University
, George Mason University
· Master of Science, May 1989
o Speech-Language Pathology, University of Arizona
· Bachelor of Arts, May 1987
o Speech and Hearing Sciences, University of California at Santa Barbara
· American Speech-Language Association Certificate of Clinical Competence
· Virginia Department of Health Professions Speech-Language Pathology License
· California Department of Consumer Affairs Speech-Language Pathology License
· California Teaching Credential - Speech & Language Endorsement
· Human Factors & Ergonomics Society
· Cognitive Science Society
· American Speech-Language Hearing Association
· California Speech-Language Hearing Association
· Association of American Speech-Language Pathologists in Private Practice
· Arizona Speech & Hearing Association (4/00)
· CSUN Assistive Technology (3/00)
· CAPED (10/99)
· Association of Christian Schools International (10/99)
· National Romanian Orphan Reunion Conference (6/99)
· San Mateo Speech & Hearing Association (6/99)
· Saskatchewan Speech & Hearing Association (4/99)
· Idaho Speech & Hearing Association (4/99)
· Society for Ear, Nose and Throat Advances in Children (6/87)
2005 -Present Research Assistant
George Mason University – Fairfax, VA
Design studies, run subjects, collect and interpret results, and write journal articles for publication. Focus on self-organization of speech and language systems. Extensive experience with C+, Praat, Logic Pro and SPSS
2005 -Present Speech-Language Pathologist
Private Practice – Fairfax, VA
Evaluations for infant/toddler program, Fast ForWord training for school-age and adult clients
2004 Clinical Supervisor/Lecturer
San Francisco State University – San Francisco, CA
Taught graduate and undergraduate level sections of “Practicum in Communication Disorders.” Duties included lecturing on practical issues with communication therapy as well as supervision and evaluation of graduate student clinicians.
2000-2004 Speech-Language Pathologist
Private Practice - San Francisco, CA
Direct service to all age groups for speech, language and reading related difficulties. Project management services for La Mel School, Scientific Learning Corp. and Neuroscience Solutions Corp.
1997-2000 Clinical Consultant/Regional Representative
Scientific LearningTM - Berkeley, CA
Provided consultation to clinicians in the western US and Canada on the use of Scientific Learning's language and reading training programs, including Fast ForWord and Reading Edge. Duties also included presentations at conferences, development of training seminars and management of research projects.
1992-1997 Speech-Language Pathologist
Private Practice - Portland, OR
Provided assessment, advocacy and remediation for children & adults with a variety of communication impairments. Special expertise in the area of augmentative communication and assistive technology
1990-1996 Speech-Language Pathologist
Washington County ESD - Portland, OR
· Developed augmentative communication and assistive technology program through the ESD to serve students from birth to 21yrs in the school districts within Washington County.
· Provided training, consultation, support services and direct student service for students in a wide variety of placement settings including self-contained classrooms, regular classrooms, homes, day treatment programs, and residential programs.
· Provided transition training for high school students entering a community college-based program or vocational training placement.
1989-1990 Speech-Language Pathologist
The American School In Japan - Tokyo, Japan
Provided evaluation and remediation of communication impairments in children from a wide variety of cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
1988 Speech-Language Pathology Intern
V. A. Medical Center - Long Beach, CA
Conducted modified barium swallow evaluations. Evaluated and provided therapy for a wide range of adult neurological conditions. Represented Speech Pathology Service on the multidisciplinary Oncology Board.